Peacock is a streaming service brought to viewers by NBCUniversal, owned by Comcast. The app boasts thousands of hours of free programming and even more content if you’re wanting to upgrade your subscription. The app will host several hit TV shows and movies including films from Universal Pictures, Dreamworks Animation, and Focus Features. Peacock will be home to several original series, including reboots of old favorites and completely new content.
Peacock’s extensive catalog has more than 20,000 hours of movies, shows, news, sports, curated channels, and exclusive originals only available on Peacock. Subscribers can access some popular favorites like Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock, as well as many Hollywood hit-movies such as The Matrix trilogy and the Jurassic Park trilogy. Peacock did debut packed with some original and re-vamped content, including Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Death, Who Wrote That, Psych 2, and Brave New World.
Something unique to Peacock, the platform will have a countdown warning letting subscribers know how much longer a piece of content will be available on the app. Some shows and movies will come and go but Peacock will be doing some sort of rotation between titles.
Favorite shows on the app will include Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Cheers, Downton Abbey, Frasier, Law and Order, Monk, Saturday Night Live, Will & Grace, and so many others!
Popular movies will include: Bridesmaids, Meet the Parents, Back to the Future, Mamma Mia!, Shrek, The Breakfast Club, and other box-office hits.
Peacock will also air live coverage of both the Opening and Closing ceremonies from the Tokyo Olympics before they’re shown on TV. Subscribers will also be able to watch three exclusive shows including Tokyo Live, Tokyo Daily Digest, and Tokyo Tonight. The Tokyo Paralympics will also be streamed with over 1,000 hours of content.
Fans of soccer can also watch over 2,000 hours of Premier League games including many matches not shown on regular TV.
Peacock has three different pricing tiers based on how much you want to pay and what features you want to be included in your subscription. Each package comes with basic features including:
- Thousands of hours of movies & TV
- Exclusive channels available only on Peacock
- Daily news, sports, and pop culture
- Kids shows & movies
- Telemundo Spanish-language series
The three plans to choose from are:
- Peacock (Free)
- This basic comes with all of the features named above and nothing extra.
- Peacock Premium ($4.99/mo. or $49.99/yr.)
- This package comes with all of the basic features and a few extras like live sports including Premier league, exclusive Peacock original series, Next-day access to watch current NBC shows, an expanded library of movies and TV shows, and full access to all of the kids’ shows and movies available on the app.
- Peacock Premium Plus ($9.99/mo. or $99.99/yr.)
- This package comes with all of the bells and whistles in the Peacock Premium package without the ads. Subscribers will also be able to watch their favorite content offline on the mobile app.
Customers can experience all that Peacock TV has to offer free for 7-days and then you’ll be charged after your trial is over unless you cancel. If you sign up through a Google platform your free trial could extend even longer. If you’re a subscriber of either Xfinity or COX TV services, you may be eligible for full access to Peacock Premium at no additional cost.
Peacock subscribers who opt for premium packages will have access to a variety of different features not available on the basic plan. The basic plan will have 13,000 hours of content, but with ads, however, if you opt for the Peacock Premium you can gain access to 20,000 hours of content with more to choose from. Premium Plus will give subscribers 20,000 hours of content all ad-free.
As mentioned above, subscribers will know when their favorite shows or movies are about to disappear off the platform with the countdown warning. Some streaming platforms offer DVR space, but there are no DVR capabilities with Peacock, similar to how Netflix functions.
Subscribers can get access to Peacock TV on the web at peacocktv.com or can be supported on several different devices including:
- Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV HD
- Google devices including Android phones, tablets, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices
- Xbox One consoles including Microsoft’s Xbox One family of devices
- Vizio SmartCast TVs
- LG Smart TVs
If you’re a subscriber of Xfinity or COX services, you can access Peacock TV through these players:
- Contour Box with Voice Remote
- Contour Stream Player
- XG1v1 (Arris)